I don’t know about you, but here in Britain it already feels like autumn. The mornings are misty and sleepy, and the air is cool. I can’t wait until the real autumn starts. Autumns are glorious here: rich and gold and fabulous! The leaves are everywhere, and their colours warm hues of golden, orange and red. I love it.
And the food? I’m looking forward to the abundance of apples, and warming butternut squash soups. And what else? Have a look at Eat the Seasons website a great website with information on seasonal eating, organised by week.
- Go and find out what’s in season where you live in OCTOBER.
- You can choose: fruit, vegetables, fish, meat.
- Write a post/text if you are a non-blogger containing a recipe and/or information about your chosen seasonal item. You may post more than one recipe.
- Post it and email it to me before 15 OCTOBER, and I’ll post a round-up in a few days. The plan is to go from 15th to 15th in the month (eventually), so we have some time to enjoy the recipes for dishes that are in season.
To take part:
Please send an e-mail to maninas [DOT] wordpress [AT] yahoo [DOT[ co [DOT] uk including the following information:
- your name and country (and town if you wish)
- your seasonal item
- name & link to your blog
- name of your post & link to your post
- one photograph
- with ‘Eating with the season’ in the subject line of your e-mail
- & please link to this post