Good-bye my dear blog, good-bye my dear readers! Again! I’ve just got back from Cornwall, but I’m off for a week of cycling in the Channel Islands tomorrow! God only knows how I’m going to manage to pack all the necessities in only 2 panier bags and a rucksack, when I normally need a caravan of elephants to carry my luggage when I travel! They tell me cycling with elephants is not much fun, never mind how much you like them, so I’m having to leave them at home this time. (Don’t worry about me, I’m taking the husband, though!)
I’ll be back with new pics and stories after 11 August! In the meantime, if anyone of you happens to go to Cornwall this summer, these places are a must:
1) The Wave, St Ives – fabulous, fabulous food! MUST VISIT. I cannot stress this enough.
2) The Gurnard’s Head Hotel, near Zennor – great food, great atmosphere, great service by good-looking waiters
3) The Jewell chippie, Newlyn – mmmm lemon sole freshly perfectly cooked, tasty chips, massive portions, good value. daily specials available, and sometimes include scallops!
4) The Kitchen teahouse, Polperro – lovely place, friendly & fun owners, the best cream tea I’ve ever had (those scones… sigh!)
5) Philps pasties, Hayle – delish!
And do try the Moomaid of Zennor ice-cream!!!
Will tell you more when I get back!